Star Rating…what it is and why it’s important
- Medicare Advantage Plans are evaluated yearly on Quality of Care
- The results of this evaluation generates a Star Rating
- Health Plans with a higher Star rating are paid more than health Plans with a low rating
- Health Plans that continue to receive a low rating are eliminated
- 5-Star Plans enjoy year-round open enrollment
- Rating is determined by: Health Outcomes, Preventive Care, Case Management, Customer Satisfaction
This is important because it aligns the health plans objectives with yours. Historically health insurance paid doctors to treat you only when you were sick. Now the doctors get paid to keep you healthy! What a concept! This means, the happier you are as a patient (Customer Satisfaction Surveys), and the healthier you are (Preventive Care, Case Management) and the better the doctors do at treating you (Health Outcomes) the more they get paid. So now everyone is focused on one thing…..keeping you happy and healthy!
Therefore we advise that when you shop for Medicare plans, pay close attention to the star rating.
It’s not a popularity contest… it actually means something!
For a complete run down on Star ratings for plans available in your area call (800) 921-0442. We can help you find a plan with a great star rating and doctors you know and trust.